Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal
The Red Shield Appeal is a year-round nationwide fundraising appeal to raise money to fund the Salvation Army’s many community service programmes throughout Australia. Last year the target was $73 million, which gives a good idea of just how much work is done by the Salvos.
How you can help this year
There are several ways you can support the Salvation Army’s Red Shield Appeal:
1. Donate money online or by calling 13SALVOS (13 72 58) Donations are tax deductible
2. Volunteering to collect for just 2 hours during the Red Shield Appeal door knock
3. Register in the “Salvos Beds Appeal” and fundraise online
How are Red Shield Appeal funds used?
The Salvation Army helps more than one million Aussies every year – that’s one person every 30 seconds.
In a typical week, the Salvation Army provides:
- 100,00 meals for the hungry
- 2,000 beds for the homeless
- 5,000 – 8,000 food vouchers
- 1,000 people with assistance in finding employment
- Refuge to 500 victims of abuse
- Assistance to 500 people addicted to drugs, alcohol or gambling
- Several thousand people with counselling
- 3,000 elderly people with aged care services
- 40 people in the court system with chaplaincy services
- Family tracing services which locate 40 missing family members
Why not make this year the year you help out!
Huggies is a proud sponsor of The Salvation Army.