Beef, tomato and sweet potato stew
Category: baby care
Keywords: baby care, protein, iron, nutrition
This hearty stew includes loads of veggies and is rich in fibre, protein and other good things for bub.
- 600g chuck, trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 750ml bottled tomato passata sauce
- ½ cup water
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large red sweet potato, cut into large chunks
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- couscous, chopped coriander and steamed zucchini to serve
- Cut beef into 2.5cm-3cm cubes. Season with pepper, add a little oil and mix. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Brown beef in 2 batches. Remove and place in a heavy-based pot.
- Reduce heat in frypan, add oil, onion and spices, cook for 2 mins. Add passata and water, stir until it boils. Pour over the beef, add tomatoes and sweet potato.
- Partially cover pot, keep heat low. Simmer until meat is very tender. Stir occasionally, add a little water if needed as it cooks. Add chickpeas to warm through in the last 10 mins. Serve with couscous, coriander and zucchini.
Baby meal: Blend 1/4 cup of casserole with juices.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...