Beetroot Chickpea Yoghurt Puree
Category: baby care
Keywords: baby care, yoghurt, early nutrition, getting started
This makes a very pretty pink puree which is packed full of nutrients. The yoghurt and chickpea provide the perfect foil for the sweet but strongly-flavoured beetroot.
- 1 medium sized beetroot
- 1/2 400gram can organic chickpeas (I like the Bio Nature brand)
- 2 desert spoons natural yoghurt
- Peel beetroot and cut into small chunks.
- Steam beetroot until tender when pierced with a skewer.
- You can also roast the beetroot in the oven but I have found it is easier to puree if it’s steamed. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the chickpeas very well in a sieve.
- Place chickpeas and beetroot in a blender and add yoghurt.
- Blend to a puree or chunky texture for an older baby.
- Add some water if a thinner consistency is required.
- Check flavour and add more yogurt (or rice cereal which will also bulk it out) if a more subtle flavour is desired.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...