Finding Help in your Community
Taking the first step is often the hardest. Your GP or local child health nurse will be a great starting point.
These organisations will also be able to provide you with more information and support.
- Beyondblue – The National Depression Initiative
- Black Dog Institute
- Post and Antenatal Depression Association 1300 726 306 (national helpline operates 9.00am – 7.00pm (AEST) Monday – Friday)
- Tresillian Family Care Centres
- Karitane – Parenting Services
- Tweddle – Child and Family Health Service
- Ngala – Family Resource Centre
- Riverton – Early Parenting Service
- Canberra Mothercraft Society
- Torrens House – Child and Youth Health
We also have a Post Natal Support discussion within the Huggies Forum – it’s a great place to talk to other mums.