Chicken, Chilli and Avocado Salad
Keywords: conception, male fertility, female fertility, essential fatty acids, protein
This simple and delicious chicken salad packs a nutritional punch. In Aztec times, the avocado was considered the “fertility fruit”, and modern science has backed up in the importance of the omega-3 fatty acids found in avocados for both male and female fertility.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, + extra
- 550g chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ small chilli, seeded and chopped finely
- 2 ½ cups mixed salad greens
- ½ sliced Lebanese cucumber
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ peeled and sliced avocado,
- 6 cherry tomatoes, divided in half
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat oil in a pan. Cut chicken in pieces and cook over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes (wait until they are cooked through). Put them into a large bowl.
2. In a small jar mix extra oil, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chilli. Then pour over cooked chicken. Mix through. Add salad greens, cucumber and bean sprouts. Stir well.
3. Place salad onto a serving plate and add avocado, tomatoes and peanuts on top.
This recipe is from Inghams.
Visit Inghams.com.au, for more recipes and nutrition information.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...