Grilled Lemon and Honey Chicken Breasts
Keywords: conception, female fertility, folic acid, protein
This is a simple meal perfect for lunch or a light dinner, with a good balance of nutrients essential for a healthy diet. Serve with a side of mushrooms for a folic acid boost. Folic acid is widely thought to aid fertility and is also beneficial in the early stages of pregnancy.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 ½ onion, chopped finely
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Put chicken into a shallow dish. Blend onion, lemon juice, vegetable oil, honey and soy sauce in a bowl. Pour 1 cup onion mixture on the chicken; turn to coat. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for up to 4 hours.
2. Put the rest of the onion mixture into a small saucepan. Boil for approx. 2 minutes (until slightly reduced and thickened) and then set aside for glaze.
3. Set-up BBQ (medium-high heat). Brush grill rack with oil. Remove chicken from marinade (make sure to shake off excess).
4. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until it’s cooked through, brushing occasionally with marinade glaze (about 8-10 minutes per side).
5. Serve with grilled mushrooms, fresh salad or sweet corn and enjoy a tasty healthy meal.
This recipe is from Inghams
Visit Inghams.com.au, for more recipes and nutrition information.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...