Warm Thai beef salad
Keywords: conception, male fertility, female fertility, protein, iron
Get your spice on with this delicious beef salad. Garnish with basil and chillies for some extra zing!
- 700g boneless beef sirloin (New York Cut), trimmed
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 2 red birdseye chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 tbspn palm sugar, grated
- 1 tbspn fish sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and cut into batons
- 2 bunches baby pak choy (or other greens of your choice), blanched and refreshed
- 1 bunch Thai basil, to serve
- 10 red chillies, to serve
- 1⁄2 cup chilli jam to serve
- Marinate beef in the juice and zest of one lime, the oil, chillies, palm sugar and fish sauce for at least two hours. Remove and pat dry.
- Heat a char-grill and cook the beef to desired doneness, then rest.
- Divide the bean sprouts, cucumber and pak choy leaves between five plates.
- Slice beef across the grain.
- Combine the chilli jam with the remaining lime juice and zest, and brush or drizzle generously over the beef slices.
- Arrange the beef slices over the five plates of salad, garnish with basil and extra chillies and serve immediately.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...