Huggies Forum

print

teaching 6 month old to sit up Rss

Im trying to teach my 6 month old son how to sit up as he no idea. Any helpful tips would be great smile
He's probably not ready to sit up yet, i'd suggest just letting him do it in his own time
My son didn't sit on his own until about 8 months, I never sat him, he learnt it on his own. Your baby is probably not ready!

I agree that theres no real hurry but...

We used to play a game with the kids and sit the kids up on our bed and let them fall over (it might sound a bit nasty) but the Kids loved it. we'd laugh and cheer them on- it was great fun and a big family game.
don't know if it helped much???
They figure that, rolling, crawling and walking out all on their own and in their own time. If you want bubs to safely sit with you on the floor, lay him down in the nook of a tri-pillow and sit with him, eventually you'll plop him down there and his abs will be suddenly strong enough to hold him, you'll be so surprised and proud!

Lol we play the falling game with our bub, shes started to learn if she grabs her feet she can sit for a bit longer but then she gets excited and throws herself backwards = )

I would maybe play the falling game but if his really not interested maybe try again in a couple of weeks?

Im trying to teach my 6 month old son how to sit up as he no idea. Any helpful tips would be great smile

Bubs learn when they are ready. Why force them into positions their bodies are not ready for??? Is he rolling and crawling yet??? These milestones come first.

Eve75

He can sit up for a little while holding his feet but as soon as he leans back he falls. He has no idea how to crawl yet his arms dont seem strong he cant really use his arms yet to push himself up, yet he loves me holding his hands while he stands. He has alot of tummy time but just doesnt seem to be getting stonger.
Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site