Huggies Forum

print

ALDI FORMULA Rss

My partner convinced me to buy the Aldi MAMIA GOLD Formula but I'm too nervous to actually give it to my girls.
They are 2 months old and because of supply issues they were mixed fed until 2 weeks ago when my supply just disappeared. They were on S-26 Prem Formula at first so I switched to S-26 Gold. Mamia Gold seems to be just as good, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has tired it?
Or suggestions of any other good, but cheaper options?

Thank You!
haven't tried Aldi formula (didn't know they had one), but used Heinz Nurtire for both my boys. When i was pregnant with DS1, my mum and I spent ages at Big W comparing all the ingredients in all the formulas to see why the price difference, if one had more or less than another, and worked out they pretty much all have the same ingredients, except the "Gold" label in all brands had a few extra nutrients. I ended up choosing Heinz as it was the cheapest and i never had a problem with either son.

with this bub, now i know Aldi has one, i'll do the whole comparing of ingredients again, and also keep reading this post to see if anyone has actually used it, and I might try it, maybe i wont.

how much is the Aldi formula per tin and how much do you need per 50mls or however they measure it?
Hi there,
Firstly, congrats on your twins!

Secondly, I also had not heard that Aldi did a baby formula.
I have always used S26-Gold with both babies and have not found it to be too expensive (Big W always has it cheaper than the supermarkets, and sometimes have really good specials so I would buy 8 tins or so when that happened!)

There are very strict controls on the standard of formula, and so for it to be on the market, it must be of a certain quality. It may be that another company is making it for Aldi and re-branding it.
Also, you might just want to see how many actual scoops you get for your money, if you need more scoops per mL (40, 50 or 60mL per scoop) IYKWIM then you might be better off with another brand.
Another reason that formulas such as SMA can be cheaper is that they are made with casein, instead of whey. So maybe check the Mamia tin to see if it says Casein-dominant or Whey-dominant. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but SMA was recommended to me to use overnight with my DS when he was getting hungry a lot - it apparently makes them fuller for longer. I did not really find this to be the case to be honest.

Also, I believe that for a formula to be called "gold" it is because it is containing extra omega 3 fatty acids and other nutrients that the "standard' formula doesnt have. Having said that, this doesnt necessarily mean it is better for the baby, a lot of mums on here have said that S26-Gold made their babies constipated whereas the regular S26 did not. I did not really find that to be a problem, and you might have to try a couple of formulas (over a month or two period) to find one that suits the bubs if Mamia Gold or any other formula you try does not seem to suit them.

Good luck with it, I have another tin of S26 Gold to go, and then my DD is off formula and onto cows milk............WOOHOOOOO, I never have to buy formula ever again!!!!!! (sorry, its very exciting grin )

His Royal Highness, Prince William

It is EXCELLENT!! I am sticking with this formula, so cheap and seems to be quite similar to s26 gold! 1 scoop per 60ml water, no froth and is gentle on my 1 months old tummy after having to change from Nan pro gold due to it not agreeing with her tummy I can't believe u can get such quality for $14.99 a tin! I add some inner health powder to 1 bottle a day too to help digesion after changing from Nan. Oh and another bonus is it's an Australian product

I add some inner health powder to 1 bottle a day too to help digesion after changing from Nan. Oh and another bonus is it's an Australian product

Just wondering, what is inner health powder?
Childrens inner Health plus- probiotics smile suppose to help with colic and everything

And it IS whey based (60/40 same as s26 or Karicare and a percentage of that whey is same as breastmilk)... Its pretty much the same or better than the leading brands that are approx $7 dearer a tin but I chose to use it because of convenience- I shop at aldi and this saves ne making an extra trip to big w or a pharmacy

I just switched my bub from s26gold to mamia gold the other day - I am in LOVE with it - partly because it doesn't smell as bad as the other one and MOSTLY because of the price - we live in a place where there is no Aldi and I go there and stock up every few months when we can get to one and the cheapest I can get s26gold for is around $26 a tin - if I'm lucky it comes down to $22! DS seems to like it too - he only gets formula on daycare days and occasionally but I'm thinking of switching completely soon cos DH is going away for work and it would make life a little easier...

[img]

Just started DD on the Mamia branded formula step2 and as far so good! Its true it doesn't froth up like some other brands and there isn't that awful smell either. DD seems to like it and has knocked back every bottle without taking a breath! I haven't noticed any major changes in bowel movements and comparing nutritional panels with some of the popular brands Mamia is similar or higher on some aspects such as calcium and iron. And at the permanent price of $15 I'm really hoping we can continue using it!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

I'm breastfeeding so cant comment on the quality however I just wanted to clarify for anyone's confusion that WHEY is not similiar to breast milk it is actually another name for cow milk protein,I am aware of this as my DD has a cow's milk protein allergy and over the months have learnt all the names it is discuised with. Glad you guys all seem to have found such a great formula for a brilliant price!!

Just started DD on the Mamia branded formula step2 and as far so good! Its true it doesn't froth up like some other brands and there isn't that awful smell either. DD seems to like it and has knocked back every bottle without taking a breath! I haven't noticed any major changes in bowel movements and comparing nutritional panels with some of the popular brands Mamia is similar or higher on some aspects such as calcium and iron. And at the permanent price of $15 I'm really hoping we can continue using it!

Just thought I would ask if everything is still going well on the Aldi formula. I am very tempted by the price and am about to go to step 2 formula. Hope to hear back with an update. Thanks

Just thought I would ask if everything is still going well on the Aldi formula. I am very tempted by the price and am about to go to step 2 formula. Hope to hear back with an update. Thanks

Did 2 tins of step 2 without issue (bought Karicare this week as i couldn't get to Aldi). As I said in PP, I didn't see any difference in her bowel movements (although i tend to use 1/2 to 1 scoop less in a full bottle as DD eats mainly solids and not much water so it helps keep her poos not too hard. tmi!) and DD seemed to like the taste; a definite tick of approval here! I say give it a try.

TBH i'm sooooo looking forward to moving her to cows milk, at a dollar a litre i could really do with the extra cash in my pocket!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site