Huggies Forum

How hard is it having 4 kids??? Rss

Hi there well as my title says, I wanna know what its really like going from 3 to 4 children. The good & the bad stories. I already have DS8, DD6 & DD3, i must admit having the 3 i have now at the age they are now is very manageable (2 are at school). But my husband has been at me for a year now to have another bub. Its not that i dont nessesarily want another bub but i just think of all the time a newborn takes up & dont think i could deal with that again. From what i have been reading on the internet (many sites) people are saying that if you have 3 then having 4 is a breeze cause you are used to the noise & chaos. My husband also works very long hours, leaving home at 5am & getting home around 7pm 6 days a week, so i would be "on my own" alot. Please help me make my final decision!!!

DS 9, DD 7, DD 4

I am now 34 weeks preg with number 4 so dont know just yet how hard it is going to be. The hardest thing i have come to so far is that when number 4 arrives we needed to organise another car as we cant go out as a family in a regular 5 seater.
I went from having 2 children who were 2 and 4 years old, fell pregnant with twins and i must say it was hard going from 2 to 4 kids.
4 kids are alot of work. no one told me how hard it would be.
The washing, the housework, the cost of food and clothing.
But i feel i am doing pretty good. My kids are now 5, 3, and the twins just turned 1. I get snowed under and feel down about how the house sometimes looks like a tornado has hit it, but then when i see the kids having fun, i figure who really gives a rats about it right now.
I am sure if you have a partner who is willing to help you out with some housework and stuff (mine really is a lazy bum) then oyu could easily handle it. You manage with 3, whats one more right?? lol

I think that it is not having 3 or 4 or 5 or more lol that is the difficult thing. It is how close together in age they are. I have four gorgeous children and didn't really notice any significant hardship going from 3 to 4. My two girls who are now 8 and 6 have 18 months between them. It was challenging having a young toddler and a baby together. Yes it is a struggle financially, we have always struggled it seems. My husband is studying at college full time and I prefer to be home looking after my family. But I love every minute of it smile

Hi there well as my title says, I wanna know what its really like going from 3 to 4 children. The good & the bad stories. I already have DS8, DD6 & DD3, i must admit having the 3 i have now at the age they are now is very manageable (2 are at school). But my husband has been at me for a year now to have another bub. Its not that i dont nessesarily want another bub but i just think of all the time a newborn takes up & dont think i could deal with that again. From what i have been reading on the internet (many sites) people are saying that if you have 3 then having 4 is a breeze cause you are used to the noise & chaos. My husband also works very long hours, leaving home at 5am & getting home around 7pm 6 days a week, so i would be "on my own" alot. Please help me make my final decision!!!

If you dont want to do it then dont. You are the one who has to stay home, stay awake, be the milking cow, taxi, pantry stocker, chef and cleaner. Its all on you while your DH goes to work. Really i reckon its your choice. Oh and did i mention the incubator? smile
I have four children the last was a suprise and my next was only six months old making them only fifteen months apart. I find most days are good but there are plenty of bad ones where i feel i cant cope and i dont think i have ever caught up with the washing. I love all my babies and would not swap them for anything but i would never say its an easy job but when you have four smiling faces peering at you and four times the love and cuddles its worth it!!
Thanks guys! I totally agree with you all, my husband only thinks of all the "nice & cute" things about having a baby. He isnt home getting kids outa bed, feeding them, getting them off to school, shopping, doing laundry, cleaning the house, doing the tennis/dancing lessons, etc. People say whats one more when you have 3 already, but my days are hard now, just remembering everything for the school aged kids etc i just dont think i could fit another bub into that busy schedule. Although by the time i am wanting to have another (if we have another) my 3 yr old will be just about to start kindergarten so i would only have bub at home. Oh its just all too hard, its such a HUGE decision though, i dont want to make a decision i would regret.

DS 9, DD 7, DD 4

HI

I have 4 children 7, 5 (twins) and 22 weeks. The last one was complete surprise but we are managing. It is really hard with all the running around. School runs, kinder runs, music lessons, dance classes and swimming lessons!!!!! Yes it is expensive and we struggle at times but we seem to manage. The worst part is the twins, having to buy clothes,shoes birthday presents, uniforms for 2 at the same time can be hard. The first 3 were IVF babies so when we found out I was pregnant with baby no 4 it was a complete shock but a good one...just one piece of advise, buy or hire a capsule.. with all the running around getting in and out of the car the baby will be able to stay asleep.

Its hard work at first but does get easier...lol....sometimes!!!

meljmz

Hi, I'm a mum of 4 ranging in age from 13 to 3 years. I'm also 24 weeks pregnant with baby number 5. Yes it can be hard with a large family , especially finances are extremely tight, But i wouldn't change it for the world. The bad things are that you very rarely get time for yourself There's alot more washing,dishes and general housework plus all the running around with extra activities such as sports ,friends etc.Sometimes it can feel as though you spend the whole day saying don't do that ,cut it out and No.But the upsides are all the love you get and give the fun we all have. Special occassions are always big and exciting. The joy you feel when you watch them play together. I wouldn't give my kids up for the world even on the bad days. There is nothing better than all the kisses and hugs and i love you's that you get.
Sign in to follow this topic