Huggies Forum

print

what do I tell my girl? Rss

I have a wonderful little girl who's about 4 months old, her father is a true deadbeat, I havnt spoken to him for about 4 months. I want to know what I should tell my girl when she askes "wheres my Daddy?" its way to hurtful to say "Daddy is a loser who didnt want me to have you so he kicked me out" but I dont want to lie to her.has anyone out there been in a simalr position and what did you tell you child about it?

I have a wonderful little girl who's about 4 months old, her father is a true deadbeat, I havnt spoken to him for about 4 months. I want to know what I should tell my girl when she askes "wheres my Daddy?" its way to hurtful to say "Daddy is a loser who didnt want me to have you so he kicked me out" but I dont want to lie to her.has anyone out there been in a simalr position and what did you tell you child about it?

If she's only 4 months old then you have plenty of time to think of an appropriate answer. I'm sure you'll think of something.
Maybe you could tell her that mummys and daddys usually stay together when they love each other, but you and her daddy didn't love each other anymore. That way you are focusing more on your relationship with him, rather than him being a dad.
Hi I am in the same situation as you my girl is now almost ten and i have remarried but the best thing i found is to explain that her real dad wasnt ready to be a father he was just too young and they will unfortunatly find out for themselves that the father is not a nice person so far i have no contact from the father of my eldest so its easy but it is a constant worry in the back of my mind you just need to raise her so that she knows she is loved by everyone around her and give her the self confidence to deal with it all
Hi ya, unfortunatly im in the same boat, my daughters nearly 6months and I often find myself wondering what im going to tell her. I guess I have to agree with the other responses youve gotten, aslong as they know they are surrounded by love and that not all kids get to know their dads im sure the trust they have in you will be enough to satisfy their curiousity. Either way we have heaps of time to come up with something =)
Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site