Huggies Forum

print

Child care for 25 weeker Rss

Hi all

I was wondering what child care options people have looked into in NSW. My 25 weeker (who is now 1 yr old) has chronic lung disease so a traditional child care centre is not an option.

I am looking to go back to work 3 days in July of this year, live in the northern beaches in Sydney and would be willing to share a nanny if anyone is interested.

I believe there is a government dept to help out in this situation, however they are impossible to contact, any advice would be great!
A friend has a baby who was born early (not sure how many weeks) and she has a feeding tube in still and other special health needs and she is going to a regular "Mainstream" kindy (on the Northern Beaches too!).

She has a dedicated carer, doing 1:1 care for the days she is there. The centre/ family was able to secure extra funding to cover the cost of 1:1 care.

Might be worth asking your local centres if that sort of thing is available or an option. I know with the above case, the child's nurse and a physiotherapist came and did some training with the carer so she had some more knowledge of what the little girl's health issues were.

R&J

Sydney in home care may be able to help you out. You would need to get in touch with them to see if your child's illness meets their criteria. I believe a qualified child care worker comes to your home and that the service is CCB and CCR registered. But contact them for more details.

http://www.sihc.com.au/index.html
Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site