Huggies Forum

print

Pimple like rash on baby's face? Rss

Hello Mum's,

I am hoping you can possibly provide me with some personal experiences or knowledge on baby's with pimple like rashes on their faces.

My son who is 5 1/2 weeks old has a very pimple like rash on his tiny face which seems to flare up and fade away and flare up again.

My GP said it could be hormone related, has anyone heard of this? Is there anything I can use on my son's face or should I just leave it alone?

When my daughter was this age she had clear skin so I personally haven't come across this before.

All information, advice, ideas grately appreciated.

Thanks,
Michelle
My bub has exactly the same thing!!!!!!!! It looks horrible doesn't it. Apparantly it is quite normal and does go away after a while. You just have to keep bubs cool and don't apply any creams to the face. They haven't yet developed sweat glands, so this is what happens. You'll find it flares up if he sleeps on one side of his face as the heat can't escape the cheek they are lying on. Gemma has it on her neck and chest as well. I'm really hoping it doesn't last too long!!!!!!! I want to take lots of photos but her face is shocking (but I still love her to bits!) I can't remember the proper name for it, but when I get home, I'll let you know.

Lisa, Qld, Mum to be

Hi Michelle, Caleb also had this. I was told its a reaction to not getting my hormones anymore ie female hormones. It does look terrible like a bad case of acne or something. It does go away and doesnt leave any scaring or marks. There is nothing you can do. I am not sure if its only something male babies get?

Sorry I couldnt give any advice.

I did reply to your post on the other site and have been in touch with Nadine.

Talk soon

Janeen
Hi Michelle,

Both my girls have had that rash. I was told it was a hormonal rash and that you can just leave it alone, and it will go away soon enough. I think both my girls had it around the same age as William and it was gone in a few weeks.....I think it sort of got worse, and I got used to it being there, and then it went away, and next thing I knew it was gone! And yes, both of them have skin that is fine now,....It just went away when it was ready.

I guess you could put sorbolene or something like that on it if you wanted....I just left it alone and made sure I gave her face a good wash in every bath time.

Hope it goes soon,
Georgina
Hi Michelle,

The proper name for the rash is Miliaria. I did a search on the internt when I was told that's what Gemma had.

Take care
Lisa

Lisa, Qld, Mum to be

Hi Michelle

Ryan also had this for a week or two from about 3 weeks old. Everyone told me it was milk rash but it definately sounds more like this what you and everyone else has been describing.

I just left Ryan's alone and it disappeared by itself by about 5 weeks. He now has the most gorgeous skin on his face. The rash does come and go around his neck and shoulders though but nothing like it initially was.

At 30 weeks pregnant I had a case of the PUPPs rash on my stomach which is what I would describe his rash as looking a little like. I remember you also had a rash for a week or so at around the same time ... if that is the case the hormone theory makes sense because I know the PUPPs was largely hormone related.

By the time you have read this the rash will have probably have disappeared ...

Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hi Michelle!!
Emily had that rash too when she was williams age. My doctor also told me it was a hormanal rash that is generally passed on from mother to child through breatfeeding, but he also said that bottle fed babies get it as well!!! so there goes that theory!!
He told me to keep her out of the sun as much as possible and that it will just clear itself up, i think emily had it for about 2 or 3 weeks, but it was gradually disappearing as time went!!

Hope you are all well smile

Love Amanda
Hi Michelle, I to have had to deal with this!! My son had it bad on his face, neck and chest, I have found with Scott, it is a heat related thing, so hot day, lots of rash!!

Kylie and son Scott - 9/9/04, Southland, NZ

i to have had the same experience with my 4 weeks old son it seems to flare up more when he cries or is too hot aparently its a hormonal reaction to my breast milk but ive also heard other wise dont worry it will go away eventually jacobs rash has almost disapeared and hes only had it for 3 weeks

cherie,mum to Jacob born oct 2004

My girl is almost 9 wks old and had this at 2 wks and now she has it again!It's not fair hey!

Hello Mum's,

I am hoping you can possibly provide me with some personal experiences or knowledge on baby's with pimple like rashes on their faces.

My son who is 5 1/2 weeks old has a very pimple like rash on his tiny face which seems to flare up and fade away and flare up again.

My GP said it could be hormone related, has anyone heard of this? Is there anything I can use on my son's face or should I just leave it alone?

When my daughter was this age she had clear skin so I personally haven't come across this before.

Thanks,
Michelle

Hello Mum's,

Thanks,
Michelle

hey, i just finished an appt with my child health care nurse, my little boy has it right now it is a hormonal rash, just the difference to his skin from being in your womb, she told me leave it alone try to not let it get heated and if you want to just a little cold water every now and then, but not to cold. hope this helps.
Yeah that is totally normal both my girls had this one worse than the other. Its not the nicest looking thing for your new baby that you want to show off but it will go away in time. smile
Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site