Huggies Forum

print

Childbirth and gifts. Rss

After giving birth to her first child, Sarah received an unusual gift from her mother in law.

Read the full blog post: Childbirth and gifts.
i dont expect anything for me when little boy is born. i was surprised when a friend said that for my baby shower gift she is planning on giving me a gift too.

although my mum has planned that for the duration of my stay in hospital she is going to bring me a fresh salad roll for lunch each day and lots of fresh fruit. for me, this is better then chocolates or flowers grin
after the birth of our Dd we came home from hospital to find my inlaws (MIL, FIL,SIL, BIL and his GF) who were all staying at our house (they were visiting from Interstate) had washed the sheets on our bed and remade it, washed our towel and cleaned the whole house, including doing all the washing and ironing.

I didn't expect any of it but I was very touched

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

I never expected anything, but my husband and also my parents bought me new pjs. my stepsister bought us a toasted sandwhich maker and heaps of books for night time feeds. She is so great! She even bought toys for the dogs when my dd1 was born so they had some new things to play with while they settled in to the new situation. Mum and stepmum also made some cake/slices etc for visitors and for snacks for the first few days - which they then replenished. My IL bought me HEAPS of fruit which was seriously the best thing and I ate so much of it the day after dd1 was born.
I am extremely lucky and blessed to have the family I do.
I have to agree with the post about food in the freezer!!!
When your looking after bubs and after other kids, preparing a healthy nutritional meal is somewhat very difficult in the first few months. Especially where in my case I had a very traumatic birthing experience that left me in a bad way, physically and emotionally. So, my mum and sister made me up a heap of food packs that I could defrost for the family at team time, or whenever it was required; Vegetable soup, Lasagne, Spaghetti bol, curry sausages, Meatballs. Mum also came over and washed the floors, stripped the beds each week, and surprised me ALOT with visits to watch the kids and sent me off to bed for a snooze in the afternoon!! In that time she did my washing too. smile One very special and important lady in my life. My mum even booked my husband and i lunch at a cafe down the street and came over one day and sent us on the way. Was the best 2 hours of my life!! Just being able to talk with my husband without nagging of kids at the heels, was so good. She even had the balls to tell my friends (who don't have kids), to pick up the towels and fold one day too. Told them that a teatowel wouldn't go astray either on the dishers at the sink and they could gettheir own cuppa wink LOL I was somewhat embarassed at the time, but very appreciative of mum saying something because they would visit alot and I really couldn't afford to sit down for too long anymore when I have kids to run around and look after... and they understand that its my life now to multitask - do dishers, and carry a conversation!! smile
the best thing to give is help,friends,hugs,love for husband,
I totally laughed out loud at this post because my MiL gifted me the same thing at Christmas time when I was 3 months along. I was initially a little offended but conceded it was very practical of her and very much in her nature. She has continued to gift it to me through out my pregnancy and now instead of being offended I am appreciative that I don't have to waste my money on boring expensive creams smile
When you actually think of it, your MIL is just being kind and practical. Now if she had bought you wrinkle cream for christmas then maybe yes I'd be a little offended but Stretch mark cream not so much. I found BioOil is a great product for scars and stretch marks. I few drops in a bath and then a few drops on the skin afterwards.
Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site