At 8wk +4 I woke up in the morning with a brownish black blood discharge, again that night some appeared. The next day I woke to red fresh blood. I went to hospital where they put me on a drip and did an ultrasound. They found that my bloods hcg levels came back good, but the 'sac' only measured 5 wks gestation. They were not sure if I had my dates wrong, I knew I didn't cause I had tested +ve hpt and bloods at 4wk +4, or if the development of bub had stopped. I lost a very large 'clot' the next day which I thought was the sac. It is now 7 days later and I'm still bleeding, no more clots in the past few days. I had bloods done 4 days ago and they are continuing to drop. I also had another ultrasound today and it showed the 'sac' was still in my uterus at the same 5wk size.
My dr spoke with the obgyn and have given me 3 options.
1 - wait and see what happens over the next week.
2 - get admitted to hospital and be given some kind of drug that will make my cervix dialate therefore passing whatever is left inside, may take a couple days to work, not sure.
3 - have a D & C.
I've opted for #1 for now, will have more bloods taken on fri and go back to my dr on monday to see if anything has changed. if not then looks like #2 it is.
Has anyone had this procedure before or know anything about it?
Also whats a D & C like?
Cassy n Matty