Huggies Forum

Falling Pregnant after a Curette Rss

Just wondering how long it took for periods/cycles to return to normal and how long it took you to fall pregnant following a curette. I,ve just had a curette following a miscarriage.
Would appreciate any feedback!

Louise, Finlay (4 Feb, 02), Mackenzie (18 Jan, 06)

Hi Louise,

I cant remember about my periods returning to normal, but i do know that I had a miscarriage and had a curette, three months later I was pregnant with my third child.

Good luck ttc again.

Danielle

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

hi Louise,
How are you doing? You may not remember me but i was also one of the mum's due in october. I also had a miscarriage a couple of weeks ago. But unlike you i didn't need a curette, as the fetus passed natrually. But a few years ago i had an abortion, My cycle was back to normal by the second month, but after that i was put on depo. I suppose it would depend on your cycle before hand and also how fertile you are. I myself am also going to try for another but my Dr. recomends that i wait at least three normal periods before trying, this seems like a long time to me. Funny how it works out as last time i got pregnant it was an accident but now i really want another one.
any way take care and good luck.
synni

mum of three girls (99,02,06)

Hi synni,
I do remember you....I think I'm doing OK - what about you? Like you, this pregnancy was a surprise and now I just want to get pregnant again. I'm seeing my obs on Tuesday as the results from my curette will be back by then. I will ask him about falling pregant again and how soon. It will be 4 weeks since the curette this coming Wednesday, so I'm wondering when my cycle will kick back in. I'm hoping he doesn't say 3 months...with my age, that's aheck of a long time!
Thanks for the feedback,
Louise

hi louise sorry to hear about your loss. i had a misscarriage last Janury and was given a curette and was told they took out a lot of blood more they normal and my periods came back in the Febuary and by the March i was pregnant it was unplaned we where not even trying and last December i got the best presant ever a healthly beautiful baby girl. wishing you the best with everything let us know what happens

mel nsw

Thanks so much, Mel. This gives me hope....congratulations on your December treasure. Bet she is gorgeous!
Louise

Before my little boy I lost a baby at 14 weeks and had to have a curette. The baby I lost was unplanned and afterwards I was desperate to conceive again. My husband talked sense into me...to let my body recover for 6 months. I was lucky and my cycles were back to normal the month after my curette and 3 months after the curette I was pregnant again.

Hope to hear some good news soon.

Trudie

Robert (31 Jan 04) & Jeremy (7 Dec 05 @30 weeks)

Had some feedback today - the baby I lost was a boy and sadly I miscarried because of a genetic abnormality. Trisomy 16 doesn't progress beyond the first trimester. This gives my little gift an identity now...thanks Trudie for your feedback. It's been a month now since my curette and the obs said that it should be about another 2-3 weeks for my cycle to return to normal. I hope to fall pregnant - just trying to convince my husband is another thing!
Bye for now,
Louise

Hello Louise

Sorry about the bad news.

I was in the same boat last year, I had an unplanned preganacy that went wrong. I would off had the baby in Feb'05.

I feel like I have lost the chance to have a 2nd baby. I am always thinking about having a baby. There are two ladies preggos at work and it annoys me.

The always wanting # 2.
Hi Helen,
How did you feel when the due date for no. 2 came and went? I know that will be a significant anniversary for me. Another friend at my work has also just miscarried. She has 2 kids aged 12 and 8 and this is her second miscarriage in 12 months. As she's now 40, this was probably her last opportunity too. Such sad times. You said your pregnancy went wrong.....did this effect your chances of conceiving again? My 2nd pregnancy was a surprise much like my first as it took nearly 10 years for my son to come along. Finding out I was pregnant again was a shock! Now that I really want to fall pregant again, the chances are very slim. The monthly roller coaster ride is something I'm not sure I'm prepared for again either. I guess I just my baby back (though I know that's not possible). It annoys me too when I see other women pregnant, but it's more envy...wishing it was me. I do know someone that is about 23 weeks and are over the whole pregnant thing....so she tends to whinge a lot - now that makes me angry! She should thanks God she's pregnat and everything is progressing in a healthy pattern. I hope you do get your precious #2.
Louise

Hello Louise

The due date was a sad day for me. It feels like no-one understands, they think you were lucky the pregnacy wasn't that far (6 weeks) so what are you upset about???

Yeah I hate the people who complain about their pregnacies. I loved being pregnant.

OUr son Eric took a little while to come, I was lucky to have him. I had endrometriosis when I was a teenager, I had two operations and had hormorne treatment for it ( which make go a bit strange and depressed ). Then when Eric was born I had to have a caesar, the cord was around his neck, he would not have made a 6 hour labour.

Falling pregant a 2nd time was special and a shock at the same time, then it ended so quickly. I know I need to wait for the next chance. At the moment I am almost working full time to keep the money coming in.

Helen
Hi Louise. I hope you are still checking this post and with any luck you may be pregnant by now! I also had a miscarriage last April, then had to have a D&C and a month later I was pregnant again! I never even had my period. Now I have a wonderful healthy 3 month old baby boy.

Daniel, NZ, born 15/02/2005

Sign in to follow this topic