Huggies Forum

print

Do your toddler's toe nails curl under as they grow? Rss

My daughter is 17.5 months old. Her toe nails have always curled under as soon as they get any length at all to them. They curl under that tightly that I have trouble getting the end of the scissors (tiny ones for kids) underneath. Does any one else have a toddler who's toenails do this?

WA, daughters born May 2005 and June 2007

Hey carra,
My daughter has 1 toe nail on each foot that dose that, and i have the same thing with the exact same toe! I think its funny.
All my toe nails grow out straight except for this one.
As long as you keep it trimmed its not a problem, well i've never had a problem withit and im not concerned that my daughter has it.
Its all good.

Frances,Sophie 2 3/4 smile

all bennetts toenails do this too and I find it much easier to use kids clippers and hold them upside down so the flat bit of the blade can slide up under the nail. and I have to do it pretty often as the more curled they are the harder they are to get to
HTH
Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Post deleted by administrator.
When my daughter was born one of her toenails use to go into her skin everytime it grow so I went and saw my doctor and they sent me to the foot doctor and within a month her toeanail was fix up and we havent had any trouble since and now she is 17 months old and we got that fix when she 4 months old.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site