We have really enjoyed seeing your creativity with your signature images. This seems to be a really popular feature and the images certainly make the Huggies forum look and feel more welcoming.
So whilst we don’t want to dampen your enthusiasm for this feature, it is necessary for us to put some guidelines in place to ensure that all of our members can get the most out of the Huggies forum.
Unfortunately some of the larger images also have their downsides. For example;
• The file size is often bigger, which can make things slower for those members with a dial up connection
• They can also take up more screen space which affects the page formatting. If they are too wide, the horizontal scroll bar needs to be used to view the full forum page
• Also you can see fewer posts per screen page, which can be a little more time consuming when reading the longer threads
At this stage we want to avoid making these signature guidelines strict terms and conditions. We would prefer it if our members would check the specifications of their own images and make any necessary adjustments.
So here is what we recommend;
• Maximum Image Width – 580 pixels
• Maximum Image Height – 120 pixels
If you want to check the specifications of your forum images you can right click on the image in the forum and select Properties. The dimension of the image (pixels) and the file size will be visible.
If all of our members adhere to these guidelines it will improve the user experience for everyone.
Thanks for your co-operation with this.
PS: We have posted some Public Forum Safety Tips which we recommend that you read through before adding any personal photographs to your signature area.
[Edited on 23/06/2008]