Huggies Forum

print

Quitting a job and long service leave... Rss

Do you get paid out long service leave that you have accrued when you quit a job?

TIA

Do you get paid out long service leave that you have accrued when you quit a job?

TIA

It will depend on what award you're under and any EBA's that you've signed.

I know for mine if you had worked over 5years then you got it paid out smile

Generally only after 7 Years you get paid long service leave pro rata, unless you have a contract that states otherwise.

TIA

depending where you work.dh is a teacher and when he left to go into the private system he lost all his accrued leave as it was less than 10 years of service, he had been there about 8
I was retrenched just at 10 years and got paid 4 weeks per year of service( so almost a years worth of pay)

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 12 and 13

Hi

Here is NSW if you haven't worked for 10yrs then you are not entitled to pro rata LSL unless you are made redundant.... sometimes under very unfortunate circumstances (such as illness) your employer may feel sympathetic and pay it out... but legally he doesnt have to.
I work for a supermarket and i took my long service with my holidays so i had 3 months holiday (4 weeks & 8 weeks long service) then 2 weeks before i was due back i resigned. I work for the company for over 12 years.

As a general rule you only get pro rata after 7yrs. We know all about this because DH worked with his company for 6yrs and recently quit....he would have been paid out 2 months full-pay!! sad But didn't get anything. I think it's at the company's discretion too.
Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site