Huggies Forum

I'm meeting my half brother for first time ever Rss

Hey there!

I only just read this thread but I hope everything went smoothly. I'm a bit of a pro at meeting long-lost family members, I've done it 4 times now. haha!!

I met my real dad for the first and only time when I was 11, it was pretty awkward, he was married with 2 kids and my step-mum and mum were talking and discovered that when my mum conceived me, my step-mum and dad were actually engaged (my mum had no idea)! So there was an awkward silence for awhile. hahaha

My mum also adopted out 3 children before she gave birth to me and I met all of them on different occasions. 2 of my sisters actually came and lived with us at different times and I became really close with the one closest to my age. My bro hated my mum (still does) for adopting him out and so kind of was a bit nasty to me. I suppose because she kept me and left him. sad So that was a bit awkward too!

Annnyway, all that to say, I've done it a few times and survived everytime, walking away happy that I have more insight into my family. I hope it all went well and he is willing to be a part of your lives!
Thanks girls. Nothing to report yet he's not here yet. He's driving from interstate, should be here after lunch sometime. My poor mum is looking a bit green as it gets closer!

Hey there!

I only just read this thread but I hope everything went smoothly. I'm a bit of a pro at meeting long-lost family members, I've done it 4 times now. haha!!

I met my real dad for the first and only time when I was 11, it was pretty awkward, he was married with 2 kids and my step-mum and mum were talking and discovered that when my mum conceived me, my step-mum and dad were actually engaged (my mum had no idea)! So there was an awkward silence for awhile. hahaha

My mum also adopted out 3 children before she gave birth to me and I met all of them on different occasions. 2 of my sisters actually came and lived with us at different times and I became really close with the one closest to my age. My bro hated my mum (still does) for adopting him out and so kind of was a bit nasty to me. I suppose because she kept me and left him. sad So that was a bit awkward too!

Annnyway, all that to say, I've done it a few times and survived everytime, walking away happy that I have more insight into my family. I hope it all went well and he is willing to be a part of your lives!

Wow I bet your family reunions are interesting! blink laugh Arent families fun! wink

Wow! I imagine the nerves have well & truley set in. I hope you all have a great 1st meeting and it leads to many many more.
Sign in to follow this topic