Huggies Forum

print

Dobbing someone into centrelink help Rss

Hi all,

My sister in-law and her husband are still living together...still sleep in the same bed, still share bank accounts and still are a couple but she is claiming single parent payments and they are claiming they are seperated but living together.

I want to dob them in as they are rorting the system and using the money to buy luxuries such as iPads, iphones, holidays, and its helping them send their daughter to an exclusive private school.

I am however one of the only people who know that they are on centrelink and I am afraid that if I dob them in, they will know I did it if centrelink says "Someone informed us that you were committing fraud" etc.

So I was wondering if anyone knows how centrelink conduct such investigations and whether they come straight out in saying someone dobbed them in...

Hi all,

My sister in-law and her husband are still living together...still sleep in the same bed, still share bank accounts and still are a couple but she is claiming single parent payments and they are claiming they are seperated but living together.

I want to dob them in as they are rorting the system and using the money to buy luxuries such as iPads, iphones, holidays, and its helping them send their daughter to an exclusive private school.

I am however one of the only people who know that they are on centrelink and I am afraid that if I dob them in, they will know I did it if centrelink says "Someone informed us that you were committing fraud" etc.

So I was wondering if anyone knows how centrelink conduct such investigations and whether they come straight out in saying someone dobbed them in...

I'm fairly confident Centrelink would be bound by privacy regulations and would not be able to say someone dobbed them in. Centrelink do routine investigations and would probably be easily able to find out this information. Why dont you call them and ask what the process is "hypothetically". That said I think your SIL and brother would still assume it was you.

Hi all,

I believe there is an online form you can fill out, and it gives you the option to enter your contact name & details but only if you want to.
Just PM'd you.
centrelink can say that someone informed them but not who. i personally would stay out of it as i think u'll only cause trouble or urself esp if ur the only one that knows.
if you are one of the only ones who know, then while they may assume it was you, just deny it.

I would definently dob them in. It annoys me so much that people rort the system, DH & I are by no means rich, but we get no help from centrelink at all.
More people would get help from centrelink/govt if everyone was honest.

I know some people who rort the system, but i need to get all the facts before I can dob them in
They are not necessarily rorting though. It could be that they are separated but living under the one roof. Sharing a bed does not mean there is anything going on under the sheets. My hubby was in this situation, although he was not receiving benefits. The ex wife was. She was there until she found somewhere else to live. All joint assets were left that way until property settlement was finalised through the court system.

If they are rorting, they deserve to be dobbed in. Just be 100% sure of the facts before you act, that is all.
I would dob them in for sure. I hate people that go out of their way to rort the system.

Really if they still have joint accounts etc it wouldnt be that hard for centrelink to put two and two together.

And if they did find out it was you then so what. Why should you and your hubby work your butts off so they can live a life of luxury on the tax payers dollar.

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

I would contact centrelink by saying i have some info but how can you protect me since i'm the only one who knows about what they are doing.

If you hating what they are doing, dob them in.
Just keep in mind that when they do get centrelink on their backs they be angry towards everyone.

Things have a way of catching up with people & centrelink are pretty cluey. All those Government departments are related, so they could possibly get caught out anyway at tax time, for instance, as the ATO & centrelink communicate. It might take centrelink a little while to investigate, but if there is any discrepencies, eventually they will look into it. If you do decide to dob them in, & they suspect you, that could always be a way to deflect blame, by saying it was other govt departments. You never know, at tax time, they could still be claiming the spouse offset......and if they are meant to be separated...
I would keep out of it.... karma has a lovely way of catching up with people....

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lmtm.lilypie.c

My cousin did the same thing and I dobbed her in. I think its wrong what they are doing. Thats our hard earn taxes that someone else is livng off for their benifit! Your doing the RIGHT thing. smile
Sign in to follow this topic
also on Huggies:
Visit Huggies mobile site