Create an Easter hat
Age: toddler, child
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Parties and Celebrations
Get the kids to make their own hat for the Easter parade this year.
Help your child make a great Easter hat for the always popular Easter hat parade.
Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- Scissors, glue or stapler, pencils and crayons, glitter.
- One long piece of firm cardboard. This will need to fit comfortably around your child’s head.
Putting it all together:
- Use a soft tape measure to estimate the circumference around your child’s head.
- Add an extra 10cm to the length which will allow for the overlap. This will be the length of the cardboard you will need. Estimate about 5cm for the width of the headband.
- Cut the headband out using these measurements. The best material to use would be a firm piece of cardboard in a nice bright colour. Put aside.
- We have provided you with a template guideline to make it easier for you.
- Print off the egg template from the Huggies website.
- Help your child decorate and colour the eggs however they like. Let your child’s imagination run wild! If you get stuck for ideas try one of the following:
- Colour the eggs using pencils, crayons, paints or chalks.
- Glue things onto the eggs like rolled up crepe paper, glitter, coloured feathers, stickers, pieces of foil or cellophane
- Once the eggs are dry cut them out and ask your child where they would like them to be placed on the head band.
- Help your child secure then in place with glue, sticky tape or a stapler.
- If you like you can glue the eggs onto cardboard and cut them out so they are firm and stand up nicely on the hat.
- Or of course you can just use the stencil for colouring in.
Note: Documents on this page are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader to view and print them.