Age: baby, parent
Skill for Bub: Just for fun, Making memories
Letter cutouts create a smart and stylish wall hanging for baby’s nursery.
Boosting your baby’s brain power is easy as ABC with a decorative work of art that doubles as an educational tool.
- Before baby is born, add your own personal touch to your little one’s nursery.
- Cut two sets of 7cm squares out of construction paper in your choice of complementary colors.
- Draw and cut out letters of the alphabet from a variety of materials such as fabric, wallpaper, construction paper, wrapping paper, and even aluminum foil.
- Cut out objects that begin with each corresponding letter, such as an apple for the letter A, from pictures in magazines and children’s books. You can try sketching your own designs, too.
- Layer a sheet of double-sided adhesive paper on top of an 50-x-50 cm piece of thick cardboard.
- Apply the paper squares in a checkerboard pattern.
- Glue each letter and object over the squares in sequential order of the alphabet. (Add more designs of your choice after Z to fill the picture evenly.)
- Allow it to dry for at least one hour.
- Mat and frame your art in a style and color that will complement the room.
- Hang the picture over your child’s crib or changing table so that she will be sure to see it every day as she grows.
Variation: Make a picture filled with numbers to match!