Keywords: baking with kids, family
These tarts are just perfect for morning tea or dessert. Get the kids to help you stir the mixture and roll the pastry!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 egg yolks
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 680ml full cream milk
- Dissolve the cornflour in milk, and strain the mixture, and pour into a saucepan.
- Add sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract into the milk, mix well using whisker.
- Cook the custard mixture under medium heat, mix constantly until it’s thickened.
- Set aside and cover the custard with cling wrap and press the wrap down onto the surface of the custard, and set aside to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Tightly roll the pastry into a log and cut the log onto 12 × 1cm rounds.
- Put one of the round pastries into a muffin pan well; use the thumb to flatten the pastry against the bottom of the well, up its sides and the corner of the well.
- Fill the pastry with custard until ¾ full.
- Bake the egg tart for 20-25 minutes, or until the custard is blistered and golden.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...