Herb-crusted lamb cutlets
Keywords: breast feeding, parenting, protein, iron
This dish is perfect for breast-feeding mums – rich in protein, iron, and packed with flavour.
- 4 frenched Lamb cutlet racks (3 cutlets in each)
- ¼ cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp pesto
- roasted vegetables like red onion wedges, zucchini and sweet potato to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place lamb in a roasting dish. Combine the breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and pesto in a bowl, mix well. Press the breadcrumb mixture evenly over lamb racks.
- Roast lamb uncovered for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C and cook for a further 15-20 minutes (medium rare) or cook until lamb is cooked as desired.
- Remove lamb, cover loosely, and rest for 5 minutes before cutting the racks into cutlets.
Serve lamb with roasted vegetables including red onion wedges, zucchini and sweet potato.
- Suggested roasting times for Rack of lamb, four rib roast, crown roast: Cook at 200ºC. Rare 20-25 min total regardless of weight, Medium 30-35 min total regardless of weight, Well done 40-45 min total regardless of weight.
- Roasts need to rest for about 10 to 20 minutes before carving. This gives the juices in the meat a chance to redistribute, giving a moister result.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...