Keywords: parenting, pregnancy, healthy lifestyle tips
Wash the potatoes but don’t peel them – slipping the skins off cooked, warm potatoes ensures they are smooth and waxy, ready to soak up the vinegar and oil.
- 500 g new potatoes, washed thoroughly
- 1 Tbsp white wine (sauvignon blanc is good)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the potatoes and bring back to the boil. Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and allow to cool to the touch. Slip the skins off the potatoes. Put the potatoes in a shallow dish, and cover with the white wine, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Leave to cool completely, roll ing the potatoes from time to time to ensure they soak up plenty of dressing.
- To serve, decant to a salad bowl, pile the diced red onion on top, add sa lt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Good with grilled fish, and a great accompaniment to barbecued sausages.
If there is any leftover salad next day, remove the potatoes from the oil and drain. Heat 1 Tbsp light cooking oil and 1 Tbsp unsalted butter in a large frying pan, add the drained potatoes and saute until browned and crispy. Fantastic with a steak and green salad.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...