Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
Chicken soup, there’s nothing better to warm you up or provide comfort and ease you through a cold or flu. This traditional recipe also contains ginger, renowned for helping to relieve nausea and vomiting.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 350g chicken breast, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 cups reduced salt chicken stock
- 125g tin sweet corn kernels
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced to garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Prawn crackers to serve
- Cracked black pepper
1. Heat oil in a pan, cook together the chicken, ginger and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
2. Mix cornflour with soy sauce, add to pan with stock and corn. Bring to boil, stir, reduce heat, and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
3. Mix egg and lemon juice together. Slowly pour a small stream of egg mixture into soup pan while stirring to create thin egg strands.
4. Divide soup between 2 deep bowls. Use green onion and sesame seeds to garnish.
Serve with prawn crackers.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...