Chicken & Burghul Salad
Keywords: diabetes, nutrition, pregnancy, protein
Burghul, also know as bulghur wheat, is a Middle Eastern cracked wheat full of B vitamins and high in fibre and other nutrients. Most often served as a side dish, burghul has a light texture and a delicious nutty flavour.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sumac
- 900g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup burghul
- 250g green beans cut into 3cm lengths
- 3 cups fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Mix lemon juice, honey, sumac and oil in a bowl. Then add chicken, and turn to coat well. Cover, and put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to marinate.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper. Prepare burghul (follow the packet directions), drain and transfer to large bowl. Cook beans in boiling water for 4-5 minutes, refresh in cold water, drain.
3. Place chicken on prepared baking tray, bake for 20 minutes (until cooked through). Set aside for 2 minutes to rest.
4. To make dressing, whisk ingredients together.
5. Add beans, parsley, cranberries and pine nuts to burghul. Toss gently to combine. Slice chicken thinly, serve with burghul salad, and drizzle with dressing.
This recipe is from Inghams
Visit Inghams.com.au, for more recipes and nutrition information.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...