Citrus marinated roast lamb and vegetables
Keywords: pregnancy, protein, nutrition, iron
This fantastic citrus marinade will leave your lamb zesty and bursting with flavour. Serve with a side of roast veggies, brussel sprouts and peas with mint for a healthy and hearty meal.
- 1kg leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- grated rind and juice 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves
- potato and sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 8-10 Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 sprigs mint, leaves shredded
- Marinate lamb with oil, garlic, rind, juices and rosemary. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Drain lamb from marinade, place in roasting dish. Reserve marinade. Roast for 50 mins for rare, 60 mins for medium, or 70 mins for well done.
- Baste twice with marinade during cooking. Add potato and sweet potato to the roasting dish in the last 30 mins cooking time (brush lightly with oil).
- Remove lamb, cover and rest it for 15 mins. Cook sprouts in a non-stick frypan until just soft, add peas and mint, cook 1 min more. Serve lamb sliced, drizzled with pan juices and vegetables.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...