Grilled Tandoori Chicken
Tandoori Chicken appeals to kids and adults alike due to it’s colourful appearance and mild but delicious paste. This version also contains fresh grated ginger. Ginger is thought to help relieve symptoms of nausea that often occur early in pregnancy.
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt (low fat)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch chilli powder
- 450g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
1. Mix yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, paprika and spices in a large bowl. Add chicken to it and turn to coat evenly. Put in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare salsa by gently tossing all ingredients together. Cover and put in refrigerator.
3. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place drained chicken on tray, bake for 20 minutes (wait until cooked through).
4. Serve chicken sliced with salsa and rice.
HINT: We recommend you marinate the chicken overnight in a sealed container.
This recipe is from Inghams
Visit Inghams.com.au, for more recipes and nutrition information.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...