Spicy Thai Chicken Cucumber Cups
Keywords: pregnancy, quick healthy food
Throwing a baby shower or kids party and not sure what to feed your health conscious guests? This recipe is a healthy alternative to the traditional party pies, and the cucumber cups will be a hit with the little ones!
Serves 6, Makes 24
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 large lime)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, diced finely
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped finely
1. Cut cucumbers into 2cm thick slices. With the help of a teaspoon, remove the centre and sides of cucumber slices forming little cups. Be careful not to cut right through base of cups.
2. Mix sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar in a jug. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add half of chicken and cook, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cook the rest of the chicken with onions. Return chicken to pan.
4. Add sauce mixture. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add chopped coriander.
With a teaspoon, fill cucumber cups with chicken mixture. Top with a coriander leaf. Serve.
This recipe is from Inghams
Visit Inghams.com.au, for more recipes and nutrition information.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...