Steak with avocado salsa and oregano tomatoes
Keywords: pregnancy, quick healthy food, protein, iron
Put steak on the menu with a twist next time: a zesty avocado salsa, served with crispy potatoes and oregano tomatoes.
- 4 × 200g rib eye/scotch fillet steaks (or use sirloin steaks)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Desiree potatoes, sliced thinly
- 3-4 baby tomatoes on the truss per person (or use cherry tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the barbecue, and preheat the oven to 200ºC. Brush the steaks with 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil.
- Place the potato slices on a baking tray lined with baking paper, season and drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Bake in the oven 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and starting to brown and go crispy on the edges.
- Ensure barbecue is hot before you cook steaks. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium or cook until desired doneness. Turn steaks once only. Use tongs rather than a barbecue fork to turn. Remove from the heat and cover loosely with foil to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place tomatoes on a baking tray, sprinkle with oregano, season and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for the last 3 minutes in the oven with the potato.
- To serve, place the steaks on a plate with the potato and oregano tomatoes and top steaks with avocado salsa.
To make avocado salsa: combine all ingredients.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...