Apricot Muesli Bar
Keywords: toddler, lunch box, Snack
Here’s a cost effective, nut free, version of the essential lunchbox snack. These muesli bars can last up to 4-5 days in an air tight container and they are fantastic to freeze, simple wrap them individually so you can defrost them when you need them.
- 180g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried apricots – chopped
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180C, lightly grease and line an 18 × 28cm slice pan, leaving some overhang of baking paper on each side.
- Place butter and sugar into a small saucepan and stir over a low to medium heat until butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, apricots, flour, coconut, pepitas and sunflower seeds
- Make a well in the center of the dry mix and add the cooled butter mixture, add one egg and a teaspoon of vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Spread evenly into the prepared tray and press down firmly, bake for 25-30mins or until golden brown. Then allow to cool and slice into fingers
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...