Easy Anzac Biscuits
Keywords: Snack, toddler, lunch box
Anzac biscuits are an Aussie classic, and they’re surprisingly easy to make! Try this simple recipe and whip up a batch with the kids.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, coconut and brown sugar.
3. Put the butter, golden syrup and water in a small saucepan & stir over a medium heat until melted.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
5. Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
6. Roll mixture into balls & place on the trays, about 5cm apart.
7. Flatten each slightly & bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown (do not overcook, the biscuit will continue cooking for a few minutes after they are removed from the oven)
8. Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack so it cools completely.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...