Easy Feijoa Loaf
Kiwis are lucky that they can find large quantities of this green fruit locally. Feijoa are in season from March to June, but they can also be frozen for up to one year. Huggies member S.Garelja says this recipe is "a great way to use up all of those extra fejoas, an easy “no mixer required” recipe which keeps well and freezes well."
- 1 cup of peeled and chopped fejoas
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 50 grams butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond essence (optional)
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- Baking paper lined loaf tin
1. Place feijoas, boiling water, sugar and butter into a pot and simmer for 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
2. In a large bowl sift flour and soda and stir in ground almonds (used to add moisture and richness to the loaf).
3. In a small bowl lightly whisk egg and essence if using.
4. Whisk egg mix into the feijoa mix and then add to the dry ingedients and mix well without overbeating.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and bake in preheated 180 degree oven for approx 40 – 45 minutes. Keep an eye on it after about 30 minutes as the top may need to be covered with foil to prevent burning.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...