Hidden Treasure Bacon and Egg Pie
Keywords: toddler, Learning to Eat
This recipe submitted by Huggies Baby Club member K. Palmer, Ravensthorpe, WA is perfect for fussy eaters who dont like vegetables. The “hidden treasure” is the vegies hidden inside. The recipe can also be tweeked with low fat options for a healthier alternative.
- 4 Slices of Bread (white or wholemeal)
- 6 Eggs
- 300 Grams Bacon (rind trimmed)
- 3/4 Cup Milk (hi-lo)
- 1 1/2 Cups Tasty Reduced fat Cheese
- 1 cup Sweet Potato (cooked, mashed)
- 1 cup Broccoli (cooked, mashed)
- 1 Medium Brown Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Spring Onion (for presentation)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Grease a square baking dish and line with the 4 slices of bread (should fit perfectly).
- Bring the sweet potato to the boil and repeat with broccoli in a separate saucepan. Mash both, keeping them separate.
- Combine eggs, milk, 1/2 of the cheese and broccoli together. Set aside.
- Fry off the bacon, chopped onion and garlic in a pan, remove one bacon fat has turned translucent)
- Once the sweet potato has been boiled and mashed, spread the 4 slices of bread with the sweet potato then add egg mixture over the top, the wgg will soak into the bread, cooked and this will form a beautful soft crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese onto the top of the pie and bake for approximately 30 mins, checking after 20 mins.
Makes 24 party sized peices or feeds family of 4-6. Enjoy!
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...