Sneakys sweet potato, berry, chocolate muffins
Keywords: toddler, lunch box, Snack
Beautiful little muffins that the kids will love because they are chocolate yet they pack a real punch! Add a mixture of different berries for extra nutrition and flavour.
- 250g of soy milk (or your choice of milk)
- 60g of olive oil
- 2 grain-fed barn eggs
- ½ cup of sweet potato (mashed)
- 240g of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 40g of cocoa powder
- 60g of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
- Peel a medium sized piece of sweet potato and cook in the microwave or boiling water until soft.
- Remove from the heat and drain off excess water into a cup, keep the water and use to mash the sweet potato until it is smooth.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place the milk, olive oil, eggs and sweet potato into a bowl and blend well.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder into a separate bowl.
- Add sugar and blend.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture and the raspberries.
- Mix until combined but try not to completely crush the berries, some should remain almost whole.
- Lightly oil a mini muffin baking tray.
- Spoon dessert spoons of the mix into tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20–25 minutes.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...