Toad In The Hole
Great easy meal to prepare, let the kids help out in the kitchen for some great afternoon kitchen activity! Gourmet sausages certainly give a lift to this old favourite.
- 500g sausages
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Grated cheese
- Pre heat oven to hot (200C)
- Put the sausages into the baking tray and set aside while making the batter.
- For the batter, sieve the flour & salt into a bowl &make a hole in the centre. Crack the egg into the centre & add a 1/4 of the milk.
- Stir gently starting in the centre & draw the flour from the sides, then add remaining milk.
- Beat for a minute or 2.
- Put sausages into the oven & leave for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven & pour in the batter.Sprinkle over cheese.
- Put back into the oven & cook 25-30 minutes.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...