Keywords: vegetarian, toddler
Veggie rolls are great fun to make with the little ones, make them bite size for the kids and for more variation use left over veggies or meat with the addition of some yummy sauces!
- 2kg potatoes, chopped roughly
- 1 kg pumpkin, chopped roughly
- about 40g butter
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 spring onions(shallots? whatever you call them where you live)
- about 2/3 cup of frozen peas
- about 2/3 cup of parmesan cheese
- half a cup of plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 150g packet bread crumbs
- parsley, about 2 tablespoons fresh or a teaspoon dried
- oil for deep frying
- about half a tub of sour cream (250ml)
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, a teaspoon dried chives
- Steam potato and pumpkin until tender then Puree, put into a large bowl.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Put into bowl with potato mixture, add peas and parmesan cheese.
- Roll 1/3 cup of the mixture into a log (about 12cm) coat in flour and shake of excess. (rolling is easier with flour on your hands!)
- Dip log into egg then combined breadcrumbs and parsley mix.
- Place on a tray and continue until all mixture is formed into logs (should make about 24)
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan heat oil and deep fry logs in batches until they are browned and heated through.
- Put on paper towelling to drain off as much excess oil as possible.
- Serve with a variety of sauces.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...