Category: baby care
Keywords: baby care, picky eaters
A great meal that can be made earlier and frozen for later use. A nice introduction to meats this dish can be, add in other veggies for more variation such as broccoli and pumpkin!
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 3 x chicken tenderloins (or 1 large skinless breast)
- Olive oil
- 1 x diced carrot Diced pumpkin/squash (about a cup)
- Half cup frozen peas
- 1 & half cups of risotto rice (arborio rice)
- 4 cups of salt reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Sautee onion slowly for around 2 minutes.
- Add the diced carrot and pumpkin and cook for around 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the chicken and continue cooking until it is cooked through.
- Stir in the peas and cover for about 2 – 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir constantly for around 1 minute (you may need to add more oil at this point if the rice looks too dry).
- Then add sufficient stock to cover the whole mixture and leave to cook uncovered.
- Basically from here you just need to stir every now and then and keep adding more stock each time so there is always liquid in the pot.
- Continue until the rice is tender and creamy (this will take about half an hour).
- For my son this would make around 6 or 7 decent feeds
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...