Fruity beef stew
Category: baby care
Keywords: nutrition, baby care, protein
A hearty beef stew with a fruity twist.
- 500g stewing steak eg blade, fat trimmed and 2cm dice
- 1 brown onion, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups/750ml chicken liquid stock
- 100g dried apricots
- 100g pitted prunes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Coat beef in cinnamon and half of the oil. In a hot casserole pot, brown meat in 2 batches. Set aside. Add onions and remaining oil to pan and cook until transparent.
2. Return meat to pot stock. Bring to the boil covered.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 1¼ hours stirring occasionally.
4. Add apricots and prunes and continue to cook uncovered for ¼ hour.
3. Place in a preheated 160°C oven and cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes before adding the apricots and prunes and cooking for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with rice or risoni and scatter with slivered almonds if desired
Baby meal: Blend 1 cube of beef (30g) with vegetables and juice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 ½ hours
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...