Category: baby care
Keywords: baby care
Khichdi this is a simple and fabulous first food for babies, smooth and creamy in texture and nutritious as well!
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup split yellow lentils (chana dal)
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cups water
- Preparation: Wash and soak the rice and lentils together in 2 cups water for 1/2 hr.
- Cooking: Pressure-cook the rice and lentils in the water which has been used to soak them, cook till soft.
- If using a pan for cooking,add more water as required till the grains are soft.
- Add butter and salt to taste.
- You can mash it up or make a puree before feeding the baby.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...