Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. Weight of My 9 1/2 month old

Weight of My 9 1/2 month old Lock Rss

I have a question for other Mums. My little man is 8.3kgs. He has been 8.3kg for 3 months now. Never loses it and never puts any on...I absolutely pack food into him all day long, and he still manages to stay the same. Every time we go to the clinic, I get lectures about his weight, although he looks perfectly healthy!!! He has a big head, so he looks bigger than he is!! What weight are other babies at this age...and is this common? I mean to be stuck at a cretain weight for ages?

Thanks!
Lyn x

Me, NSW & DS 22.12.04

HI Lyn
I have posted a similar thread (nearly 4 months with no weight gain). Bradyn was stuck at 8.5 kg from 6 months.
I saw my clinic nurse about this. I know there are some differing opinions around as some nurses err on the side of caution. My CN said if he is not throwing up after meals (can indicate a urinary tract infection) if he is still happy and developing and growing and if his weight has not crossed two lines on the growth chart, then things are still ok. I was advised to try to add an extra bottle during the day and make sure to fill him up at meal times. You can't over feed or force feed a baby they will only eat what they can, so you can also try a few snacks in between meals too, if you aren't already.
The week of visiting my CN Bradyn did start drinking more milk anyway, I made an appointment for another weigh in in three weeks from seeing the CN for the first time. He now weighs 9 kg (at 10 1/2 months) and we will check his weight again when he is 12 months.
Goodluck, I hope your boy turns out like mine and will start to eat/drink more. As long as he is not doing the things mentioned above then I am sure he is fine, at least for the moment. Best to keep monitoring his weight and if you have any concerns see the doctor or nurse. At least you know your not alone.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

My daughter is 9kg and has been since9months or so(she is 10 now) although she isnt putting on weight she definately looks taller so I think shes growing up not outwards!+she is crwlng like mad and walking/running holding onto the couch which is using up all her energy and food!

mum of 2

Sign in to follow this topic