Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Naming body parts Lock Rss

The hubby and I were discussing what we would do when our DD asks 'whats that' in reference to our 'bits and pieces'. It was sparked from a few other brief comments in other threads I was reading. I am really curious what other parents have done when this happened and what age their little ones started asking / becoming more aware. We couldn't agree if it was good to use 'cutesey' names or their proper terms. I haven't done any reading or research into this one yet so sorry if I come across a bit ignourant.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Good topic Kazi,i too would like to know what to call my DD's little bits,when the time comes!!!
At the moment i call it a muffin(lol)& i dont think this is a good word for it as it could lead to problems if she gets older and someone offers her a muffin(could be a little confusing)LOL
So i will keep reading back for some ideas
Thanks

my wee girl was 2 1/2 when she started asking and we call them a fanny and a penis.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi. My little boy is nearly 4 months. Of course he hasnt asked about his bits but i have been calling his a willy. I think that is a better word for him to say if he gets obsessed with the word LOL!!! I can always lie and say he has seen Free Willy recently!! Girls parts?? I have no idea

Tracey,NSW

We used to call our son's parts his "willy. Now that he's 2, he's starting to ask lots of questions - mainly "what's that?" about EVERYTHING. So now we've started using proper names eg penis etc. He hasn't asked about girls parts yet though, but I'm sure it won't be long as I've just started bathing him with his little sister. I haven't done a lot of research into this either, but what I have heard/read pretty much says it's best to be matter of fact when they ask questions like this but only give them as much info as they need - ie. obviously there's no need to go into the whole "birds & bees", won't that be fun when the time comes :~ !
I taught our little girl those bits when i taught her what the rest of her body parts were called-she calls them ninny and bum, and daddy has a willy. I figured if i tell her young, (she was probably about 16-17 months, now she's 21 months) hopefully it won't be a big issue until much later. Our next door neighbours kid calls her bum her buttocks-i thought that was a bit uptight! Each to their own though.........

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic