Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Crawling Rss

Hi all,

My boy is 8 months old and is no where near crawling. He hates being on the floor for too long, as he has reflux. Any suggestions?

Sam

Mum to toddler

Hey Sam,
I'm not sure how helpful I will be, as my daughter is only 6 months and not yet crawling.......
But have you tried putting his toys in front of him just out of reach, so he has to wriggle and move to get them? (i spose you've already tried this!)
Is he up on all fours and rocking? humm, not sure what else you could try, if I think of anything I will let you know!.........
Try not to worry to much, I wouldn't want to lay on my tummy if I had reflux either!!!
Take care,
My name is Sam also!! smile

SaM, EviE NoV 03 AnD TuLLy AuG 05

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your rely. Yes, I have tried putting toys in front of him just out of reach, but that doesn't really work, he just rolls over onto his back. I'm not too concerned, I suppose he'll just do it when he's ready.

Sam.

Mum to toddler

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi Sam,

Some babies just never crawl, and go straight to standing then walking, so try not to worry!

Just keep encouraging him, have you tried a mirror? Some babies love to see themselves up close! There some great ones you can buy in the toy section for just this reason.

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Sammie
My daughter was nearly 9 months when she started crawling.
One day she just got up and crawled to get her teddy, she did about 2 crawls then went commando for about a month after that but before that she hadnt even attempted to move.
Your son will crawl when he's ready then you'll miss the times when he kept still!!!

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

he will do it when ready so dont worry they are all different my eldest was 8 mo the middle one was commando crawling at 6 mo the baby was about 9 mo when he started

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic