Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. how long is it between first steps and full walking

how long is it between first steps and full walking Rss

my bear has been takin steps for almost 2 weeks now but hasnt actually travelled past 2-3 steps
i was wondering how long does it take

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Hiya,

No help here, but i am also interested in this! My son will walk anywhere, as long as he has a finger or wall or chair....

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi, Ezrah took his first steps at the beginning of April and he is only just now walking very wobbly across the room for distances of no more than about two meters. I think this is more because it is just quicker for him to crawl. My friend said it took her girl about two months after her first steps till she walked properly. Having said this I'm sure they are all very different!
hi
well layla only took like 2 months to walk all by herself. she walked on her 1st birthday beacuse she saw all the other kids walking around and playing and she wanted to join in so she did. i think they need some encouragment and they'll get the hang of it.

Salwa, 2 girls, sydney

Hi
it took my daughter about a month from taking her first steps to walking properley and now she runs everywhere!! at the time it was alot quicker and eaiser to take 2 steps then crawl until she realised that if she walked she could carry things (that were far too big for her).

All babies do things at their own speed, just remember not to put shoes on before there walking properly, I've heard it affects normal walking devolpment.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

hi tepe

tee hee thats my charlee
we are still getting there

mandi

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Hi Mandi,

Crawling and cruising is too easy for them, why take the challenge??

They'll get there....lets see who's first?

Tepe

George had been doing up to 5 steps in a row (10 once) for about a month b4 he started walking. He took one look at all the kids in my coffee group who were walking (most are a bit older than him), and obviously decided "if they can do it I can too". Stood up and took off, hasn't looked back since.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Last week Luke (11 and a half months) started taking 3 or 4 steps then plonking on his bum (nappy)!! This week he can do about 10 - 15 steps but he gets too much speed up and falls down. If he'd slow down a bit he might go further!!! It's very cute though..every time he walks, he has a great big smile on his face and thinks he's soooo clever (which he is of course). Actually when he's walking properly it will make things a bit easier because when he's outside or at the park, he wants to get down on the ground but it's too yucky for him to crawl around.
Fun times ahead!!!
Michelle
hi all,
they are all so differnet arent they. my daughter took her first steps yesterday and today shes off. she can walk from one end of our house to the other (small house). she seems to have taken to it like a bird to flight although i think this is largly due to the fact that she is slightly slow at starting. she is 14 1/2 months and has been standing unaided for what seems like forever. shes never looked so cute as she does toddling along.

Mum to Bethany (25-2-03) & Faith (8-11-04)

Hi mum2one,

How cute does she sound.....congratulations on her first steps, oops walking, too quick! wink

I am still encouraging my son to walk, by being behind him, with the all important finger for support. I don't want to be in front as he will only walk if i am there, so he can make his own destination at this point.

He seems quite chuffed at himself when he does walk, or is that all the praise i give him???

Tepe

hi tepe

7 STEPS yesterday wat a record
thats the best yet and she did it with no trouble
i feel she would have gone further if i was sitting further away
lets see how she does today

oh an

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL

mandi

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Sign in to follow this topic