Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Not crawling Rss

Hi,

My baby boy is nearly 9 months old and is not crawling. He rolls around on the floor a lot and even reaches out for his toys when he's on his tummy. If he can't reach them he just moves on to something else.

Is it unusual that he isn't crawling at 9 months??????

Mum to toddler

hi,
My girl didn't even look like she was ever growing to crawl at nine months, then at 10 and a half months she started commando crawling and a week later the real deal. They'll do it when they're good and ready and believe me it's easier when they can just roll. Now I have a permanant follower around the house.
A friends little girl is nearly 18 months and still doesn't crawl or walk. They had her tested to make sure nothing was wrong, but it was all clear. She's just lazy, why crawl and use all that energy, when they can just roll everywhere.
It'll happen when he's ready and then you'll wonder why you wanted them to, as he'll get into everything and discover things in your house you didn't think of.
Have fun.

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

Hi, my friends daughter never crawled in any form. She went from sitting down to walking!

mum of 1

My first was 10.5 months before she decided to do her style of crawling - both hands out in front, and then dragging herself across the floor on her tummy - not using her legs at all. She did this until she started walking at 15 months. Once she started walking, she then worked out how to crawl on her hands and knees.

mum to 2 girls

Hi sammie my little man at 9 months isnt crawling either. We have floorboards so this may be harder for him. He tries to put his bum in the air and get on his knees but he just slips flat on his stomach again. His dad and aunt and uncle never crawled they just went straight to walking.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi Sammie,

I wouldn't worry as every child is different. Nicholas didn't start crawling until he was 12 months old.

When they are ready they will crawl and walk.

Karen, Vic, Nicholas 26/10/02

Sammie,
our son just turned 11 months today and is still only army crawling(he did that late too), I don't think he'll ever crawl normal, he's now starting to walk around the furniture, go figure! they are all so different but I haven't stressed out so much, I put it down to him having open heart surgery 5 months ago and has slowed him down. But now honestly he's just himself as long as he's happy I don't mind.
Hang in there!
Belinda

BelindaQld, 4 children (1 in heaven)

Hi,

I have a friend whos little girl didn't crawl until she was 13 months!!! Never even looked like it before 12 months & is only just pulling herself up onto furniture now and she is 15 monhs. Goes to show they are all different & will do it when they're ready.!!!

Cheers

Michelle - Mum to 2

Myson is 8 months and is also not crawling. He just rolls around to get to what he wants. We have polished floor boards so I think that doesn't help. He is getting frustrated.
Hiya,

As everyone has said i think your bubba will do it when they are ready. Some don't even do it, and go straight onto walking.

As long as bubs are happy,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Sammie. I think our boys are the same age and wondering if he has started commando crawling yet. My little fella started about 2 weeks ago and I really thought he wouldnt ever as his dad and uncle and aunty never. Let us know of his progress

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi Jz,

My little boy rolls around a lot and has started commando crawling only a week or so ago. He likes to pull himself up on furniture and he likes to stand, obviously assisted. I think he will skip the crawling all together and just walk from what I can see. Let me know how your boy goes.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Sign in to follow this topic