Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Milestones. Rss

This post has been edited by the moderator.
WOOHOO clap clap clap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only will you be picking up after yourself..... but hoovering everyday.....her toys will mysteriously be thrown to all areas of the room.....(possibly at the cat?)

Thats great news! I have some great news too, my little boy took his 1st step on Sunday, very possibly a fluke!!

Jo

mum of 1

This post has been edited by the moderator.
CONGRATULATIONS, to both these special milestones! smile

Now both you wait for the real fun to begin. wink

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Jack hasn't done it again, but is letting go and clapping his hands. I'm not too sure i'm ready for full-on walking yet! Today both cats were terrorised, the bin was overturned (after a couple of megablocks were posted) all the books in the lower shelf of the bookcase were taken out, and the laptop nearly went crashing to the floor as I had left it on the table! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I really must baby proof my house! Actually that would be impossible with Jack! Ha

Jo

mum of 1

Congrats Toni. It is exciting but it is also a big change as suddenly anything can be a hazard. My daughter started crawling at 5 1/2 mths and at 7 mths began standing herself up against the furniture and anything else that happened to be around! She is now 8 months and there is no stopping her. I take my eyes off her for two seconds and she has crawled to the dining room chair and has stood up precariously with the tiled floor behind her. She has not had any major falls yet and seems to be able to fall quite well. Unfortunately she is forever trying to stand up on her change table, which makes changing a nightmare! Sometimes I wish I could go back to when I could put her down for 2 minutes to go to the toilet and know she would still be in the same place!
Ali
Congratulations to all those little treasures out there.

Well my son is 9 months old and on mothers day while he was having a bath he decided there and then to stand up holding on to the side of the bath and the look on his face was priceless cause he realised what he had done. From then on all he does is stand up in the bath and sit down again over and over and all cause he can.......
He started to crawl when he was about 7 months old with comando crawl first and then propper crawl and then to sitting up and now standing and yesterday he got one of our little red plastic childs chairs and walked with it accross the tile floor pushing it about 20steps i was in total amazement......but not surprised as my daughter (3 yrs) was walking at 10 months old and hasn't stopped........... I was wishing that being a boy he might take his time but no chance he is just dying to be able to run with his sister...... oh well

Since crawling I've had to re baby proof the house again after forgetting what it was like..........

Take care all

Michelle

Michelle, QLD, DD 6yr,DS 4yr & DS 2yr and DD 13 Au

I know what you mean

My 8month old has been crawling for 2 months now and pulling himself up which is fantastic.

Put nothing is safe, he has had so many falls including when the chair toppled over on him (one big nasty bruise) He won't lie still when I am changing him and I go in to his room to find him standing up in his cot when he should be going to sleep.

And as for me going to the toliet, I was always said I would never let my children come into the bathroom with me (a girl has to have some privacy!) Well the last week Hamish tried to pull himself up on me as I was sitting on the toliet. I know children learn by example.... but come on

It amazes me how fast they change and develope it seem only yesterday when we were excited because he gave a (windy) smile!!!!

Tineka, Mum to Hamish 3yrs, Abby 1yr & 1due 10/04

Hi everyone,

Get use to the bumps and spills. It is almost embarressing at times taking my son out, with all his head bruises.

Having my son on the move now, rapidly, my biggest prob is keeping him away from his sisters food. He just grabs her plate from her chair and makes a huge mess, aaagh! ....just when i thought she was able to eat without adult supervision.

The toilet, well that's just another story, lucky i am quick.. wink

Tepe

My little girl who is not quite 11 months has just started walking everywhere...she took he first steps a couple of weeks ago. My first started at 9 months.
She loves walking and thinks she is just such a big girl now as she walks like her big brother!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Yeah, mum78!!

Congrats on your daughters first steps, i think it really has to be their most exciting milestone!

Tepe

PS, now it won't be long till she runs, believe me...

wow mum78 thats great. my daughter is 9mths and isnt even showing signs of crawling.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Sign in to follow this topic