Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. 7 month old Scared of different noises

7 month old Scared of different noises Rss

My 7 month old son still flinches quite a bit with sudden noises but also seems to be scared of noises that really shouldn't scare him. He screams and tenses up when he hears plastic bags and when I or someone else blows their noses.....Is this normal or should I be worried. I know as newborns they flinch alot to different noises until they get used to it but is it normal that hes still doing it alot and freaked out by plastic bags??
Hi, my friends little girl use to hate the sound of plastic bags too. For some reason it was put down to when she was teething?? She has grown out of it now.

Deena NZ New mum

My son gets scared whenever my SIL laughs as she can be quite loud. Its usually only when he's tired that lots of loud noises scare him. He's 7 1/2 months old.
Kristy

member since 2004

My 9 1/2 month old boy used to start crying over plastic bag noises too. This settled down around 7 months. I think its the scrunch scrunch can be a bit noisy amongst the peace and tranquility we try to achieve. But seriously though, my boy still cries when Ive got the food processor on full speed and I only do vacuuming when he's at his grannys house.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

i remember watching a documentry on the human body and babies have very good hearing. apparently our hearing is at its best when we are young. and the little hairs inside the ears are sensitive to slight noises,it showed how the sounds make the hairs move in the ear. it was very interesting,and i know in myself high pitch noises hurts my whole head. when i was a little girl i used to think the was an army marching down my street to come and take me away for being naughty, but now i realise it was my heartbeat i could hear (or my pulse in my ears) if u get that :-/

maybe you could look it up somewhere on the net. put human body/ears/hearing in your search engine and see what is there. i might just have a look later if hannah stays asleep.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

My boy started getting scared of noises from about six months,vacum cleaner,blender,hairdrier ,people coughing and sneezingI now can only vacumn with him in the backpac but he's better with the hairdrier. We try to make a joke out of sudden noises and sometimes we can jolly him through with that-Im sure he will grow out of it
Sign in to follow this topic