Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Silly question... Rss

At what age does a "baby" graduate to "toddler"??

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi
I dont know the exact age, but i think it is around 18 months?
a silly answer................

when they can toddle town the hallway. smile smile

sorry im in a wacky mood and couldnt resist.

i've always thought a toddler was when they started to walk so anywhere form 1yr.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hiya,

I think it is about one year, or as everyone else said, when they walk.

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I'v read somewhere, in a baby book that a baby is from birth to 12 months, and toddler is from 12months to 3years and a child is from 3years up.

my partner and i where talking to other day about how we refur to our daughter.

We realised that from birth it was days then at about 1month it was weeks then at about 3 months it is months and then at about 2years it is then up in years...... Any body else done that?

Melissa and sasha (6months)

WA Sasha 6/1/04

This is not a silly question at all...

Infact I was wondering the same thing...

Melissa I have to agree with you 100%. I have a 19 month old toddler. But we did refer to her age in days, weeks and now months... I am sure once we get to 2 years we will start going by years... and maybe half years... eg, my daughter is 2 and a half.

I agree too, that toddlers are classified as toddlers from the time they are mobile on their little feet to about 3 years... after that they become a child up to the teen years.

I am on my way to starting the count all over again, as baby number 2 is due in approx. 20 days.

My question (if that's okay) is what age are they referred up to as a newborn???

Michelle.
My understanding of the age brackets are as follows

Newborns 0 - 4 Weeks
Babies 1 - 12 Months
Toddlers 1 - 2 Years
Preschoolers 3 - 4 Years
Child 5+

Hope this helps

Jodi
Hi Michelle
I'm sure it is 3 months, but child care centres take kids from 6 weeks so i'm not sure which is newborn, sorry dont know for sure.

Melissa

WA Sasha 6/1/04

Sign in to follow this topic